Earlier today, I shared how I am shifting away from the 101 in 1001 approach and said I'd be back to share my goals for January. So, here I am! I have so many (big and little) things I want to accomplish. Every day I make lists (and more lists) of things to get done or work towards. I am a self proclaimed, big dreamer, and I hope that never changes. I hope I am always striving for more. In my work, in my relationships - not only with loved ones but with my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I hope I always continue to dream big, but beyond that, I hope I learn to step out of my comfort zone and do.
- Finish the mini facelifts I have planned for Stephanie Creekmur Design, Road Called Life, Button Baby, and The Southern Bees. They are lots of small/easy tasks that I just need to sit down and knock out within an hour. Things like: update blog button, blog headers, shop information (policies, faq, etc.), look into advertising, Facebook and Twitter photos/backgrounds, etc.
- Complete the revisions for the My Animal Alphabet book I collaborated on with my aunt. I am so, so, so excited about this. I illustrated a My Animal Alphabet poster print that I sell in my shop. My aunt was inspired by my characters (and has always wanted to write children's books) and wrote a rhyme to go along with each of them. It is a labor of love and I am so proud of it so far. I still have some revisions I'd like to make with my illustrations but we are on the right track, pushing forward towards our goal. I can't wait to share the journey with you!
- Mail my sister her birthday card and gift on time! Which means, I need to get myself to the post office tomorrow! Her birthday is Sunday! I can't even remember a time in her life where I haven't been around on her birthday (she is 22 months younger than I am!). Now, we are both living in different places - she in Texas and me here in Nashville. I miss her more than I ever thought I could miss her so I want to make sure she has something special from her big sister on her special 24th year of birth day!
- Design 5 wedding logos for my shop. Back in 2009 and early 2010, I did some custom wedding logos for clients. I have always intended to offer a line of customizable logos and just have never sat down and designed the collection.
- Introduce new columns to Road Called Life. For awhile now I have been wanting to add more regular/weekly posts to my blog (I blog about my favorites in typography from time to time) and now is as good a time as any. I will give introductions and explanations very soon, but the two that I will be adding into the mix are, Sit a Spell and Woman Inspired and I am so excited about them!
- Get up to speed sharing my recent design projects. With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I kind of got out of the habit of sharing my recent work. I've already began to catch up and share, but I want to get caught up and make sure I keep up with it. I think it's important for the clients I have worked with as well as for future and potential clients. It's nice to have a place to share about my work and a behind the scenes view on it.
- Continue drinking the suggested amount of water (34 oz) each day and continue to add healthier elements into my diet. So far I have lost 7 lbs by watching what I eat, portion control, and lots of water. I am not on a diet. I can't diet - I quit every time. I need this to be a lifestyle change. I don't eat perfect every day. I don't workout every day (actually, I haven't worked out once this week) but I do continue to make an effort. If I fall off the wagon, the goal is to get back on. Not torture myself because I have failed. Just keep going.